If you're planning a visit to Wonwell Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Walk the Coast Path – Take a scenic stroll along the South West Coast Path, which follows the stunning coastline of Devon. Enjoy the views of the sea and the surrounding countryside.
- Visit a Nature Reserve – Don't miss out on a visit to the nearby Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve, where you can experience a great variety of wildlife and stunning views.
- Explore the Area by Bike – Make sure to bring your bike and explore the surrounding area. There are plenty of bike trails and routes to choose from, including the Tarka Trail and the Dartmoor Cycleway.
- Visit Blackpool Sands – Head over to Blackpool Sands, a beautiful beach located just a short drive from Wonwell Beach. Enjoy the stunning scenery and take a dip in the crystal clear waters.
- Go Surfing – Wonwell Beach is a great place for surfing, so don't forget to bring your board and hit the waves. There are also plenty of other surf spots in the area.
- Visit Bigbury-on-Sea – Just a short drive away is Bigbury-on-Sea, an amazing beach that's perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing.
- Get on a Boat – There are many boat tours available near Wonwell Beach, so make sure to book one and explore the area from the water.
- Visit the Dartmouth Castle – Take a trip to the nearby Dartmouth Castle and explore its history and architecture.
- Take a Tour of the Jurassic Coast – Take a tour of the world-famous Jurassic Coast, a stunning stretch of coastline that spans from Exmouth to Studland.
- Go Kayaking – There are plenty of kayaking opportunities near Wonwell Beach. From exploring the coves and inlets to paddling around the nearby islands, kayaking is a great way to experience the area.
- Explore the Churches – Make sure to visit some of the local churches, including St. Petroc's Church and St. Mary's Church.
- Visit the Local Vineyards – There are several local vineyards in the area, such as Sharpham Vineyard. Take a tour of the vineyard and sample some of the delicious wines.
- Taste Local Seafood – Take advantage of the abundance of fresh seafood in the area and sample some of the local delicacies.
- Go Shopping – There are plenty of shops in the area, so don't forget to bring your wallet and treat yourself to something special.
- Visit the Local Pubs – Make sure to visit some of the traditional pubs in the area, where you can enjoy a pint and some tasty pub grub.
There are many things to see and do near Wonwell Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!