If you're planning a visit to Beer, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Beer Beach - Located in the picturesque village of Beer in East Devon, Beer Beach is a stunning and tranquil beach offering stunning views across Lyme Bay and out to the Jurassic Coast.
- Beer Caves - A unique experience in Beer, the Beer Caves are a network of tunnels carved out of the limestone cliffs, believed to have been used by smugglers in the 18th century. Open to the public, the Beer Caves are a great place to explore and enjoy the stunning views of the coast.
- Beer Quarry Caves - Located near Beer on the Jurassic Coast, Beer Quarry Caves is an incredible site of archaeological and historical importance. Dating back to Roman times, the quarry is home to a variety of archaeological remains and is also a popular tourist attraction with guided tours available.
- Beer Head - This spectacularly steep cliff face is an iconic feature of the Jurassic Coast and can be seen from Beer Beach. With stunning views across the bay, Beer Head is the perfect spot for a photo opportunity or some spectacular walks along the coast.
- Pecorama - Pecorama is a miniature railway, model village and family attraction located near Beer in East Devon. Open to the public, Pecorama offers a great day out for the whole family with a range of activities including a steam train, a model village and a variety of shops and cafes.
- Branscombe Beach - Located close to Beer, Branscombe Beach is a stunning beach with golden sand and crystal-clear waters. Popular with locals and visitors alike, the beach offers a great spot for swimming, sunbathing and beachcombing.
- Black Ven - Just a short drive from Beer is the Black Ven, a stunning and rugged stretch of coastline. With a range of walks and trails through the area, the Black Ven is the perfect spot for some spectacular coastal views and exploring the unique geology of the coastline.
- Jurassic Coast - Beer is located on the world-famous Jurassic Coast, a 95-mile stretch of coastline offering some of the most spectacular views in the country. With a range of activities and attractions to explore, the Jurassic Coast is a must-visit for anyone visiting this part of Devon.
- Beer Fleet Nature Reserve - Beer Fleet Nature Reserve is a stunning coastal reserve located near Beer. With a range of habitats, including saltmarsh, shingle, sand dunes and grassland, the reserve is home to a variety of wildlife and is a great spot for bird-watching and nature-spotting.
- Beer Heritage Centre - Located in the heart of Beer village, the Beer Heritage Centre is a great spot to explore the history of the area. With a range of exhibitions and displays, the centre is a great place to learn more about the history of Beer and its links to the smuggling trade in the 18th century.
- Lyme Regis - Just a short drive from Beer, Lyme Regis is a stunning seaside town located on the Jurassic Coast. With a range of activities, attractions and shops to explore, Lyme Regis is the perfect spot for a day trip or an overnight stay.
- East Devon Golf Club - Located in the village of Beer, East Devon Golf Club is an 18-hole golf course. Open to the public, the course is a great spot for a round of golf or some practice on the driving range.
- Seaton Wetlands - Seaton Wetlands is a stunning reserve located close to Beer. With a range of habitats, including reed beds, marshes, ponds and woodlands, the reserve is home to a variety of wildlife and is a great spot for bird-watching and nature-spotting.
- Sidmouth - Located just a short drive from Beer is the beautiful town of Sidmouth. With a range of activities, attractions and shops to explore, Sidmouth is the perfect spot for a day trip or an overnight stay.
There are many things to see and do near Beer. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!