If you're planning a visit to Dartmouth, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Day at the Beach – Dartmouth is located on the banks of the River Dart and there are several sandy beaches nearby. Popular beaches include Blackpool Sands and Slapton Sands. Visitors can also explore the dramatic coastal scenery of Start Point, Beetham Rocks, and the Salcombe Estuary.
- Visit Dartmouth Castle – Located on the banks of the River Dart, Dartmouth Castle offers spectacular views of the estuary and is a great place to explore the history of the town. The castle is open to visitors year-round and offers guided tours.
- Explore Dartmouth's Harbour – Dartmouth's harbour is home to a variety of boats, from yachts to fishing boats, and offers a great opportunity to explore the maritime history of the area.
- Visit Greenways House and Garden – Greenways House and Garden is a wonderful place to explore the history of Dartmouth. The house was the holiday home of Agatha Christie and her family from 1938 to 1976, and visitors can explore the house, grounds and gardens.
- Walk the South West Coast Path – Dartmouth is on the South West Coast Path, which offers spectacular views of the coast and a great opportunity to explore the area.
- Visit Dartmouth Museum – Dartmouth Museum is a great place to explore the history and culture of the town. Visitors can explore the museum's galleries, displays, and exhibitions.
- Shop at the Dartmouth Market – Located in the town centre, Dartmouth Market is the perfect place to pick up local produce, souvenirs, and handicrafts.
- Explore the Town Centre – Dartmouth's town centre is full of interesting shops, cafes, and galleries, as well as a variety of historic buildings.
- Go to the Dartmouth Royal Regatta – Every year, Dartmouth hosts the Dartmouth Royal Regatta, a week-long event featuring sailing races, live music, and fireworks.
- Enjoy a Cruise on the River Dart – There are several companies that offer river cruises on the River Dart, offering visitors a chance to explore the area from a different perspective.
- Visit the Agatha Christie Mile – The Agatha Christie Mile is a scenic walk through Dartmouth, taking in some of the places associated with the famous author.
- Hike at Dartmoor National Park – Dartmoor National Park is located just a short drive from Dartmouth and offers a great opportunity to explore the area's incredible landscapes and wildlife.
- Go Bird Watching – Dartmouth is a great place for bird watching, with a wide variety of species that can be seen in the area.
- Visit the Britannia Royal Naval College – The Britannia Royal Naval College is a magnificent building located on the banks of the River Dart and offers a great opportunity to explore the history of Dartmouth.
- Visit the Dartmouth Steam Railway – The Dartmouth Steam Railway is a great way to explore the area and offers a variety of trips and attractions along the way.
There are many things to see and do near Dartmouth. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!