If you're planning a visit to Meadfoot Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Visit Torquay Harbour – Just a few miles away from Meadfoot Beach lies the picturesque harbour of Torquay. Spend the day exploring the harbour area, with its array of shops, restaurants and cafes.
- Tour The Cockington Country Park – This stunning country park is located less than a mile away from Meadfoot Beach and offers visitors a vast array of activities and attractions. Take a leisurely stroll through the park and explore its many gardens, ponds and meadows.
- Take a Boat Trip – Why not take a boat trip and explore the stunning Devon coastline? There are various boat trips available, ranging from sightseeing trips to fishing trips.
- Explore Babbacombe Model Village – Located just a few miles away from Meadfoot Beach, Babbacombe Model Village is a great day out for all the family. Enjoy the charming miniature village and its many attractions, such as the miniature golf course and the mini railway.
- Take the Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway – This steam railway takes visitors on a scenic journey through the countryside of South Devon. Enjoy the stunning views as you travel on the steam train from Paignton to Dartmouth.
- Visit Kents Cavern – Kents Cavern is an impressive network of caves located close to Meadfoot Beach. Explore the caves, discover ancient artefacts and learn about the history of the area.
- Visit Paignton Zoo – Paignton Zoo is a great day out for all the family and is located less than 10 miles away from Meadfoot Beach. Enjoy seeing the various animals and learning about conservation.
- Enjoy the Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust – This trust provides visitors with a wealth of activities and attractions. From guided walks and bird watching to cycling and horse riding, there is something for everyone.
- Take a Trip to Dartmouth – Take a short trip to Dartmouth and explore the picturesque town. Visit the Dartmouth Castle, take a boat trip along the River Dart, and enjoy the numerous shops, restaurants and cafes.
- Explore the National Marine Aquarium – The National Marine Aquarium is located just a few miles away from Meadfoot Beach and offers visitors the chance to explore the underwater world. Learn about the various species and see them up close in the various tanks.
- Visit Brixham Harbour – Brixham Harbour is located just a few miles away from Meadfoot Beach and is a great place to explore. Take a leisurely stroll around the harbour and enjoy the numerous shops, restaurants and cafes.
- Tour Greenway House – Greenway House is the former home of Agatha Christie and is located close to Meadfoot Beach. Tour the house and grounds and learn about the life of the famous author.
- Enjoy Paignton Pier – Paignton Pier is a great day out for all the family and is located just a few miles away from Meadfoot Beach. Enjoy the numerous attractions, such as the amusement arcades and the ice cream parlour.
- Go Horse Riding – Horse riding is a great way to explore the Devon countryside. There are various horse riding centres located close to Meadfoot Beach, offering a range of trails and rides suitable for all levels of experience.
- Visit Occombe Farm – Occombe Farm is a working farm located close to Meadfoot Beach. Enjoy the various activities and attractions, such as the animal corner and the play area.
There are many things to see and do near Meadfoot Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!