If you're planning a visit to Exmouth Dock, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Beach Fun – Exmouth Dock's beachfront is a great place to soak up the sun and have some fun. There are miles of sand to explore, plus plenty of activities available, such as beach volleyball, sailing, surfing, and kayaking.
- Coastal Walks – With its dramatic cliffs, golden beaches, and picturesque coves, Exmouth Dock is a great place for a coastal walk. There are plenty of routes to explore, ranging from easy strolls to more challenging hikes.
- Birdwatching – Exmouth Dock is one of the best places to spot a variety of birds. From seabirds like cormorants and guillemots to rarer species like redshanks and oystercatchers, there are plenty of species to observe.
- Marine Life – Exmouth Dock is home to a variety of marine life, including seals, dolphins, and whales. There are also plenty of fish and other aquatic life to observe, so make sure to bring a pair of binoculars or a camera for the best views.
- Visit Exmouth Museum – Exmouth Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Exmouth Dock and the surrounding area. The museum features a range of exhibits, from fossils to photographs, and is open to the public all year round.
- Take a Boat Trip – Exmouth Dock is the perfect place to take a boat trip. Boats can be hired from the marina, and there are plenty of sights to see, from the local wildlife to the stunning coastline of Devon.
- Dining Out – There are plenty of restaurants and pubs to choose from in Exmouth Dock, ranging from traditional fish and chips to fine dining. Whether you're looking for a quick bite or a more relaxed meal, there's something for everyone.
- Shopping – Exmouth Dock is home to a variety of shops, from souvenir stores to designer boutiques. There are also plenty of markets to explore, where you can find local and unique products.
- Art Galleries – Exmouth Dock is home to a number of art galleries, showcasing work from local and international artists. From traditional paintings to modern sculptures, there's something to suit all tastes.
- Horseback Riding – Horseback riding is a great way to explore Exmouth Dock and its surrounding area. There are plenty of stables to choose from, offering rides for both beginners and experienced riders.
- Visit Arundel Castle – Arundel Castle is a stunning 11th-century castle located just a short drive from Exmouth Dock. The castle is open to the public and is a great place to explore and take in the historic architecture.
- Visit the National Marine Aquarium – The National Marine Aquarium is a great place to learn about marine life. From sharks to seahorses, there are plenty of species to learn about and observe in the aquarium's tanks.
- Visit the Jurassic Coast – The Jurassic Coast is a World Heritage Site located just a short drive from Exmouth Dock. This stunning coastline is home to an array of geological features, from fossil-rich cliffs to unique rock formations.
- Visit the Donkey Sanctuary – The Donkey Sanctuary is home to a variety of donkeys, mules, and horses. Visitors are welcome to take a guided tour of the sanctuary and meet the animals.
- Take a Cooking Class – Exmouth Dock is home to a number of cooking classes, including fish and seafood classes, baking classes, and more. These classes are a great way to learn about local cuisine and hone your cooking skills.
There are many things to see and do near Exmouth Dock. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!