If you're planning a visit to Seacombe Sand, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Seacombe Sands Beach – Located in the North Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Seacombe Sands is a stunning beach backed by rolling hills. With golden sands and clear blue waters, it's the perfect spot for a day at the beach.
- Westward Ho! – Take a stroll around the picturesque village of Westward Ho! Here you'll find a wealth of shops, restaurants, pubs and attractions, all set against the stunning backdrop of the North Devon coastline.
- Ilfracombe Harbour – Explore the historic harbour of Ilfracombe, which is home to a number of fishing boats, pleasure craft and ferries. Watch the boats come and go, or take a trip on one of the ferries to Lundy Island.
- Clovelly – Clovelly is a beautiful fishing village located on the North Devon coast. Take a stroll around the village and explore the cobbled streets which lead down to the harbour.
- Combe Martin Beach – Combe Martin Beach is a popular spot for swimming and surfing. With its golden sand and crystal clear waters, it's the perfect place to spend an afternoon relaxing.
- Exmoor National Park – Head to Exmoor National Park, where you can explore the stunning scenery, take part in a range of outdoor activities, and spot some of the native wildlife.
- The Big Sheep – The Big Sheep is a fun-filled family attraction which offers a range of activities for all ages. From sheep racing to a petting zoo, there's something for everyone!
- Hartland Quay – Visit Hartland Quay, which is home to a number of fantastic attractions, including a museum, a lighthouse and stunning coastal views.
- Lynton & Lynmouth Cliff Railway – The Lynton & Lynmouth Cliff Railway is the oldest and longest water-powered cliff railway in the world. Take a ride on the railway, which runs between Lynton and Lynmouth.
- Arlington Court – Arlington Court is a stunning 18th century country house, surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland. Take a tour of the house, and explore the extensive grounds.
- Valley of Rocks – Take a walk along the Valley of Rocks, which is home to a variety of wildlife, including wild goats. Climb to the top of the valley and admire the stunning views of the North Devon coast.
- Exmoor Zoo – Visit the Exmoor Zoo, where you can explore the exotic animal habitats and meet some of the friendly residents.
- Tarka Trail – Follow the Tarka Trail, which is a popular walking and cycling route. The trail passes through some of the most stunning scenery in North Devon.
- Lundy Island – Lundy Island is a beautiful island located off the North Devon coast. Take a ferry from Ilfracombe and explore the island, which is home to a variety of wildlife.
- Watermouth Castle – Watermouth Castle is a 19th century castle, set in the stunning North Devon countryside. Take a tour of the castle and explore the grounds, or take part in one of the fun activities on offer.
There are many things to see and do near Seacombe Sand. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!