If you're planning a visit to Challaborough, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Visit Bigbury Bay – Bigbury Bay is a stunning coastal area located in Challaborough, Devon. Exploring this area by foot, cycling or horse riding will give you a chance to see the beach, the estuary, the salt marsh and the nearby woodland.
- Climb Down to Burgh Island – Burgh Island is a small tidal island located just off the coast of Challaborough. Visit the island and take in the stunning views of the ocean and the South Devon Coast. There is also a historic pub on the island.
- Kayak Along the Coast – Take a kayak adventure along the coast of Challaborough and explore the stunning coves, beaches and estuaries. Take in the stunning views and spot some of the local wildlife.
- Walk the South West Coast Path – Take a scenic walk along the South West Coast Path and enjoy the stunning views of Devon's coastline. The route runs along the entire length of the South West Coast of England, from Minehead to Poole.
- Visit the Aune Valley – Located near Challaborough, the Aune Valley is a stunning area of woodland and meadows. Take a stroll and explore the stunning scenery. You may even spot some of the local wildlife such as deer, badgers and foxes.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip to explore the stunning coastline of Challaborough and the nearby area. You could take a tour of the local sights, spot some of the local wildlife or take a fishing trip.
- Visit Bigbury-on-Sea – Bigbury-on-Sea is a small village located on the coast near Challaborough. Visit the beach, explore the nearby woodland or take a boat trip to Burgh Island.
- Visit Bantham Beach – Bantham Beach is a stunning beach located near Challaborough. Take a stroll along the beach and take in the stunning views of the ocean and the nearby estuaries.
- Swim in the Ocean – Take a dip in the ocean and take in the stunning views of the Devon coastline. There are also some excellent surfing spots nearby.
- Visit the Salcombe Estuary – Take a stroll along the Salcombe Estuary and enjoy the stunning views of the South Devon coastline. You may even spot some of the local wildlife such as seals and seabirds.
- Go Birdwatching in the Aune Valley – Take a stroll through the Aune Valley and spot some of the local wildlife. You may even spot some of the rare birds that nest in the area.
- Take a Horse Riding Tour – Take a horse riding tour along the coast and explore the stunning scenery. There are plenty of trails to explore and some excellent views to take in.
- Visit the Slapton Ley Nature Reserve – Take a stroll around the Slapton Ley Nature Reserve and explore the stunning scenery. You may even spot some of the rare birds that live in the area.
- Visit Salcombe Castle – Salcombe Castle is a stunning castle located near Challaborough. Take a tour of the castle and learn about its history.
- Take a Trip to Dartmouth – Take a trip to Dartmouth, a picturesque town located near Challaborough. Explore the town and take in the stunning views of the South Devon Coast.
There are many things to see and do near Challaborough. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!