If you're planning a visit to Lynmouth, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Water Sports – Lynmouth is situated next to the North Devon coast, providing a wide range of water sports such as sailing, surfing, kayaking and paddle boarding.
- Exmoor National Park – Enjoy the stunning unspoiled natural beauty of Exmoor National Park, with its rolling hills and rugged cliffs. Take a hike and explore the moorland, woodland, rivers and streams.
- Valley of Rocks – Visit this dramatic and rugged landscape, an area of ancient rocks and grassy meadows surrounded by sea cliffs, with a stunning view of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Countisbury Hill – Take a walk up Countisbury Hill for a panoramic view of Lynmouth, the coastline and beyond.
- Waterfalls – Discover the beauty of the waterfalls of Lyn Valley, a beautiful area with several waterfalls including those at Countisbury, Watersmeet and the Rhenish Falls.
- Lynmouth Beach – Enjoy an afternoon on the beach, with its golden sand and blue sea. Take a swim or simply relax and take in the stunning views.
- The East Lyn River – Take a boat trip along the East Lyn River, with its peaceful and tranquil banks lined with beautiful trees and wildflowers.
- Clovelly – Clovelly is a beautiful fishing village located on the North Devon Coast, with its cobbled streets and traditional thatched cottages.
- Local Markets – Visit the local markets, with stalls selling local produce, arts and crafts, and much more.
- Horse Riding – Take a horse ride through the stunning countryside of North Devon, with its rolling hills and rugged coastline.
- Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park – Visit this exciting and educational wildlife park, with its interactive displays, prehistoric animals and cultural attractions.
- Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway – Enjoy a scenic ride on the Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, one of the world's oldest water-powered railways.
- Paragliding – Take a paragliding course and soar high above the spectacular North Devon coastline.
- Coasteering – Experience the thrill of coasteering, exploring the Devon coastline from a different perspective.
- Rock Climbing – Climb the cliffs of North Devon and take in the stunning views of the coast.
There are many things to see and do near Lynmouth. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!