If you're planning a visit to Plymouth Hoe, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Explore the Barbican – The Barbican is a historic part of Plymouth, with many attractions including the famous Mayflower Steps, the Elizabethan House, and the National Marine Aquarium.
- Walk the Hoe – Take a stroll along Plymouth Hoe, an expanse of green grass that includes Smeaton's Tower, a lighthouse built in the 1700s, and the iconic statue of Sir Francis Drake.
- Visit the Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery – This museum houses a collection of art and artifacts relating to the city's history, from Roman times to the present day.
- Shop in the City Centre – Plymouth has a vibrant shopping scene with a mix of high street stores and independent boutiques.
- Visit Plymouth Gin Distillery – Take a tour of this historic distillery, learn about the production process, and enjoy a gin tasting.
- Take a River Cruise – Enjoy a relaxing boat ride along the River Plym and take in the sights of Plymouth Sound.
- Go to a Gig – Plymouth has a buzzing live music scene, with venues like The Hub, The White Rabbit, and The Plymouth Pavilions hosting a variety of gigs and events.
- Visit the Elizabethan House – This 16th century merchant's house is a must-see for its historic charm and interesting interiors.
- Explore Buckland Abbey – This former Cistercian monastery dating back to the 13th century is now a National Trust property, with a range of fascinating attractions.
- Go to the Plymouth Aquarium – This is one of England's largest aquariums and home to a wide variety of marine life.
- Visit the National Marine Aquarium – This aquarium is home to over 4,000 species of fish, sharks, and other creatures.
- Explore the Barbican Theatre – This historic theatre is home to a wealth of performing arts, from comedy to theatre to dance.
- Visit the Plymouth Gin Distillery Museum – Discover the history and production of Plymouth Gin with a tour of the museum.
- Visit the Royal Citadel – This impressive 17th century fortress is perched on the cliffs overlooking Plymouth Sound.
- Check out the Street Art – Take a stroll and explore the vibrant street art in Plymouth, from graffiti murals to sculptures.
- Attend a Sporting Event – Plymouth has a range of sports venues, from Plymouth Argyle Football Club to Plymouth Albion Rugby Club.
There are many things to see and do near Plymouth Hoe. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!