If you're planning a visit to Holcombe, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Exmoor National Park – Enjoy a day out exploring the stunning Exmoor National Park, located just a few miles away from Holcombe. With its rolling hills, heather-covered moorland and dramatic cliffs, it's the perfect spot for a leisurely stroll or a more challenging hike.
- Beaches – With its beautiful coastline and numerous beaches, Holcombe is ideal for a day out at the seaside. From the wild and rugged Northcott Mouth Beach to the sheltered and sheltered Combe Martin Beach, there's something for everyone.
- Water sports – With its wide range of water-based activities, Holcombe is an ideal place to indulge in a bit of fun on the waves. Whether you're a fan of sailing, kayaking, coasteering or more, you'll find plenty of places to rent the necessary equipment.
- Clovelly – Just a short drive away, Clovelly is the perfect spot for a day out. Explore the quaint and historic village that dates back to the 13th century, and take in the stunning views of the harbour and the surrounding coastline.
- Hartland Quay – Home of the infamous 'Pepperpot', Hartland Quay is a great place to visit for a day out. With its picturesque harbour and stunning cliff-top views, it's well worth a visit.
- South West Coast Path – This 630-mile long path stretches from Minehead to Poole, and the stretch around Holcombe provides some of the most dramatic and unspoilt views of the Devon coast.
- Ilfracombe Aquarium – Located at the picturesque harbour of Ilfracombe, the aquarium is home to an array of exotic and native sea life, from sharks and stingrays to octopuses and sea urchins.
- Woolacombe Bay – One of the most popular beaches in the country, Woolacombe Bay is renowned for its golden sand, crystal clear waters and world-class surf.
- The Milky Way Adventure Park – With its array of fun-filled rides and attractions, The Milky Way Adventure Park is the perfect spot for a family day out.
- Valley of Rocks – Located on the Exmoor National Park, the Valley of Rocks provides some of the most stunning scenery in the area, with its dramatic cliffs and jagged rocks.
- Holcombe Village – Holcombe itself is a charming village with lots of interesting history to explore. Visit the ancient church, take a look around the village hall and explore the old graveyard.
- Watermouth Castle – This 16th century castle is the perfect spot for a day out. With its beautiful gardens, quaint castle and fun-filled adventure park, it's a great way to spend a few hours.
- Lynton & Lynmouth Cliff Railway – This unique railway offers a unique way to explore the stunning coastline of Lynton and Lynmouth. The steepest water-powered railway in the world, it's well worth a visit.
- Arlington Court – This 19th century stately home is home to an impressive collection of carriages and bicycles, as well as a beautiful parkland and gardens.
- Exmoor Zoo – With its array of wild animals, Exmoor Zoo is the perfect spot for a day out. From lions and tigers to lemurs and meerkats, there's something for everyone.
There are many things to see and do near Holcombe. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!