If you're planning a visit to Cotehele Quay, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Hiking – Cotehele Quay is situated in the Tamar Valley, an area of outstanding natural beauty, with plenty of opportunities for walking and hiking. The area has a number of paths and trails, with some of the best views to be found along the South West Coast Path.
- Paddling – Explore the stunning Tamar Valley by kayak or canoe, taking in the beautiful scenery and wildlife. You can rent kayaks or canoes from local companies, or take a guided tour along the Tamar.
- Cycling – Enjoy the stunning views of the Tamar Valley and the surrounding countryside by bike. There is a wide range of cycle routes in the area, with something for all abilities.
- Fishing – Try your hand at fishing in the Tamar Estuary. There are plenty of species to be caught, including sea trout, bass, conger and mullet.
- Bird Watching – The Tamar Estuary is home to a wide range of bird species, including waders, ducks, swans and terns. Take a boat trip to get a closer look at the birds, and have the chance to spot a rare species.
- Sailing – Take to the waters of the Tamar Estuary and enjoy a leisurely sail. You can hire a boat or join a sailing club, and explore the area at your own pace.
- Boat Trips – Join a boat trip to explore the Tamar Estuary and see the local wildlife. You can also get a great view of the spectacular Cotehele House and its gardens, which are only accessible by boat.
- Local History – Learn about the history of the Tamar Valley and the local area at Cotehele Quay. You can explore the local museum, or take a guided tour of the area.
- Shopping – Take a trip to the nearby town of Calstock to find a range of independent shops and galleries, all selling locally-made products.
- Eating Out – Sample the local cuisine at one of the many pubs, restaurants and cafes in the area, or try some of the local seafood.
- Beer Tasting – Taste some of the local beer at the Tamar Valley Brewery, which has been producing beer since the 17th century.
- Wildlife Watching – The Tamar Valley is home to a wide range of wildlife, including otters, deer, foxes and badgers. Take a trip to one of the nature reserves or join a guided tour to spot the local wildlife.
- Gardens – Take a stroll around the beautiful gardens at Cotehele House, which feature a variety of plants and flowers, as well as a number of statues and sculptures.
- Art Galleries – The area is home to a number of art galleries, where you can find a range of local and international art.
- National Trust – Cotehele Quay is part of the National Trust, and you can explore the area and its many attractions, including the house and gardens.
There are many things to see and do near Cotehele Quay. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!