If you're planning a visit to Saltern Cove, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Sandy Beaches – Saltern Cove is located on the south Devon Coast, offering picturesque sandy beaches, perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and relaxation.
- Take a Boat Trip – Enjoy a boat trip from Saltern Cove, with options from a leisurely lunch cruise to a fast-paced adventure around the Devon coastline.
- Explore the Cliffs – Cliffs towering above the shore create a dramatic backdrop to Saltern Cove, and are a great spot for views of the coastline and wildlife spotting.
- Walk the South West Coast Path – The South West Coast Path runs right by Saltern Cove, and is the perfect way to explore the stunning Devon coastline.
- Visit Paignton Zoo – Paignton Zoo is just a few miles away from Saltern Cove, and offers a fantastic day out for the whole family.
- Take a Ride on the Dartmouth Steam Railway – Take a journey on the Dartmouth Steam Railway, travelling through the rolling Devon countryside from Kingswear to Paignton.
- Sample Local Seafood – Saltern Cove is home to some of the best seafood in the area, with plenty of restaurants and pubs offering fresh seafood dishes.
- Visit Cockington Country Park – Just a few miles away from Saltern Cove lies Cockington Country Park, with a range of walks and activities for all the family.
- Go Fishing – Fishing is a popular activity in Saltern Cove, with plenty of spots to drop a line and try your luck.
- Explore Brixham Harbour – Brixham Harbour is just a few miles away from Saltern Cove, offering spectacular views and a great spot for boat trips.
- Visit Woodlands Leisure Park – Woodlands Leisure Park is just a short drive away from Saltern Cove, and offers a great day out for all the family.
- Go Shopping in Torquay – Torquay is just a few miles away from Saltern Cove, and offers a great selection of shops and boutiques.
- Take a Tour of the Greenway Estate – The Greenway Estate is the former home of Agatha Christie, and is just a short drive away from Saltern Cove.
- Visit the Kents Cavern Prehistoric Caves – The Kents Cavern Prehistoric Caves are located just a few miles away from Saltern Cove, and offer a fascinating insight into the history of the area.
- Visit the English Riviera Centre – The English Riviera Centre is located in Torquay and is the perfect place to explore the history and culture of the area.
There are many things to see and do near Saltern Cove. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!