If you're planning a visit to Clovelly, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Stroll Through Clovelly Village – This picturesque fishing village is lined with cobbled streets, quaint cottages, and harbour-side inns. Take a leisurely walk around the village, soaking in its unique atmosphere, and explore the many independent shops and local eateries.
- Enjoy the Local Wildlife – Clovelly is a great place to observe and learn about the local wildlife. Take a boat trip to the nearby Lundy Island for some of the best birdwatching in the area, or explore the coastal path for some amazing views of the local flora and fauna.
- Spend the Day at the Beach – Clovelly is surrounded by some of the most beautiful and unspoilt beaches in the region. Spend a day sunbathing on the golden sand, swimming in the crystal-clear waters, and exploring the many rockpools and coves that make this part of Devon so special.
- Take a Tour of the Harbour – Clovelly's harbour is a great place to take a tour and learn about the local history and maritime traditions. Look out for the many fishing boats and pleasure craft that use the harbour, and take in the spectacular views across the bay.
- Visit the Clovelly Visitor Centre – Learn about the history and culture of the village at the Clovelly Visitor Centre. There are plenty of interactive exhibits and displays, as well as a cafe serving delicious local produce.
- Visit Hartland Abbey – Located just a short drive away, Hartland Abbey is a beautiful historic house with a fascinating history. Take a guided tour of the house, explore the stunning grounds and gardens, and be sure to stop in at the on-site cafe for a delicious homemade cream tea.
- Take a Trip to Hartland Quay – Located on the rugged North Devon coast, Hartland Quay is a great place to explore and take in the dramatic coastal scenery. Take a walk along the clifftop path, visit the historic Shipwreck Centre, and enjoy some of the best seafood in the area.
- Explore the Clovelly Estate – Explore the Clovelly Estate, a private estate that is home to the unique Clovelly Village. Take a walk around the grounds, visit the many attractions, and enjoy some of the most spectacular views in the area.
- Visit the Local Markets – Clovelly is home to a number of markets, such as the weekly farmers' market and the monthly artisan market. Browse the stalls, sample the local produce, and chat to the friendly vendors.
- Take a Boat Trip – There are a number of boat trips available around the coast of Devon. Take a trip to Lundy Island for some amazing views of the coastline, or explore the local seal colony and spot some of the local wildlife.
- Enjoy the Local Cuisine – Clovelly is home to a number of excellent restaurants and pubs, serving delicious local produce. Try some freshly caught seafood, sample some local wines and ales, and enjoy the unique atmosphere of the area.
- Visit the Old Lifeboat Station – Take a tour of the old lifeboat station, and learn about the brave men and women who have served the local community. The museum also has an impressive collection of photographs and artifacts, and includes an interactive exhibit.
- Take a Walk Along the Coastal Path – Take a stroll along the South West Coast Path, one of the most scenic routes in the country. Enjoy spectacular views of the coastline, explore the many coves and beaches, and look out for the local wildlife.
- Visit the Local Sailing Clubs – Clovelly is home to a number of sailing clubs, offering a great way to get out on the water and enjoy the local scenery. Take a sailing lesson, join a race, or simply take a leisurely cruise around the bay.
- Explore the Local History – Clovelly is filled with history and culture. Visit the local museums and galleries, explore the many historic buildings, and learn about the area's fascinating past.
There are many things to see and do near Clovelly. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!