If you're planning a visit to Stoke Gabriel (Duncannon), you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Visit Duncannon Beach – Take a stroll along the stunning Duncannon Beach, surrounded by the rolling hills of Devon. Enjoy the stunning views of the estuary and the nearby village of Stoke Gabriel.
- Stroll Around the Village – Explore the village of Stoke Gabriel, with its pretty cottages, narrow lanes, and traditional pubs. Enjoy a cream tea in the village tea rooms and browse the local shops.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip along the estuary and observe the local wildlife including seabirds and seals. Alternatively, enjoy a leisurely river cruise with the local boat hire companies.
- Explore Totnes Castle – Visit the ruins of Totnes Castle, an 11th century Norman motte and bailey castle which overlooks the River Dart.
- Visit Sharpham House – Explore the grounds of Sharpham House and Gardens, an 18th century country house and vineyard. Take a stroll around the walled garden, or go for a walk along the river.
- Enjoy a Day Out at Paignton Zoo – Spend a day out at Paignton Zoo, with its large collection of animals and birds. Enjoy a variety of activities and attractions including the zoo's spectacular Animal Adventure Show.
- Visit Dartmouth Castle – Take a trip to Dartmouth Castle, a 12th century castle situated at the mouth of the River Dart. Enjoy the stunning views from the top of the keep or explore the castle's gardens and grounds.
- Get Active at Blackpool Sands – Spend the day at Blackpool Sands, a stunning beach backed by a line of pine trees. Enjoy a variety of activities such as swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, and more.
- Explore Greenway – Take a trip to Greenway, the former holiday home of Agatha Christie. Spend a day exploring the grounds, which feature a beautiful walled garden, woodlands, and a terrace overlooking the River Dart.
- Visit Slapton Ley – Head to Slapton Ley, a natural lake surrounded by heathland, woodland, and sandy beaches. Enjoy a variety of activities such as bird-watching, kayaking, and sailing.
- Visit Dartmouth Museum – Take a trip to Dartmouth Museum, where you can explore the town's maritime history. The museum features a range of exhibits and artefacts, as well as a café.
- Take a Walk Along Dartmoor – Spend a day exploring the stunning landscape of Dartmoor. Enjoy a range of activities such as walking, cycling, and horse riding.
- Visit Castle Drogo – Take a trip to Castle Drogo, an incredible Edwardian castle set in Dartmoor. Enjoy a variety of activities such as exploring the castle's gardens, taking a tour of the castle, and visiting the gift shop.
- Visit the South Devon Railway – Take a trip on the South Devon Railway, a heritage railway which runs between Buckfastleigh and Totnes. Enjoy the views of the Devon countryside as you travel through the stations.
- Go Shopping in Totnes – Visit the town of Totnes and explore the range of independent shops and boutiques. Enjoy a variety of activities such as browsing the markets, visiting the art galleries, and sampling the local cuisine.
There are many things to see and do near Stoke Gabriel (Duncannon). Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!