If you're planning a visit to Peaked Tor Cove, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Explore the Coastal Path – Follow the South West Coast Path for stunning views of the Atlantic and the rocky cliffs of Peaked Tor Cove. Take your time and soak in the beautiful scenery of the rocky coves and hidden coves along the way.
- Visit the Beaches – Peaked Tor Cove is home to a number of small beaches and coves, the largest of which is Littleham Beach. Take a swim, relax on the sand and explore the rock pools in search of crabs and other sea creatures.
- Go For a Hike – Peaked Tor Cove offers plenty of opportunities for walking, with a number of trails to suit all abilities. Take a short stroll to the top of the Tor for stunning views, or explore the local area on a longer hike.
- Enjoy Water Sports – Take advantage of the crystal clear waters and enjoy a range of activities such as kayaking, surfing, snorkeling, and windsurfing. Alternatively, just relax on a boat trip around the bay and take in the views.
- Take a Boat Ride – A great way to explore the area is to take a boat trip around the bay. Enjoy the sights and the wildlife, and take a stop on a secluded beach for a picnic lunch.
- Visit the Nature Reserve – The nearby Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve is a great place to explore. With a wide variety of plants and wildlife, it's a great place to spot some of the area's rarest species.
- Visit a Local Village – Take a trip to the local village of Slapton and explore the 16th century thatched cottages and winding lanes. Be sure to visit the local pub for a traditional Devonshire cream tea.
- Visit the Castle – Slapton Castle is a Grade II listed building, and one of the oldest buildings in the area. Take a tour of the castle and learn about the history of the area.
- Shop for Local Produce – Visit the local markets for some of the freshest local produce. From fresh fruits and vegetables to locally made crafts and souvenirs, you'll find something for everyone in Peaked Tor Cove.
- Take a Trip to the Aquarium – Take a trip to the nearby National Marine Aquarium and explore the amazing creatures of the sea. With over 4,000 species, it's a great place to learn more about the ocean.
- Explore the Gardens – Stroll through the beautiful gardens of the local botanical gardens, and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere. For the more adventurous, take a guided tour and learn about the area's indigenous plants and wildlife.
- Visit a Local Museum – Take a trip to the South Hams Heritage Museum and explore the local history and culture. Discover the stories of the area's fishing industry, and find out about the area's unique history.
- Go Birdwatching – Birdwatching is a popular activity in the area, and there are plenty of spots where you can spot rare species. Take a trip to the nearby nature reserve and explore the lakeside reserves for kingfishers, cormorants and other birds.
- Take a Cooking Class – Learn to cook the local dishes at one of the area's cooking classes. With a number of different classes available, you'll not only learn how to make delicious dishes, but also how to use the freshest local ingredients.
- Go For a Horse Ride – Take a ride on horseback through the beautiful Devon countryside and explore the area in a unique way. With trails ranging from easy to advanced, there's something for everyone.
There are many things to see and do near Peaked Tor Cove. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!