If you're planning a visit to Salcombe North Sands Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Relax on the Beach – Salcombe North Sands Beach is a stunning stretch of coastline, with golden sand, crystal blue waters, and spectacular views. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon here, soaking up the sun and the scenery.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip from Salcombe and enjoy the scenery of the South Devon coastline. Spot wildlife, take in the views, and be sure to take some pictures.
- Visit the Nature Reserve – The nearby Salcombe Estuary Nature Reserve is a great place to explore the local wildlife. Take a walk along the riverbank and spot birds, insects, and other wildlife.
- Go Kayaking – Hire a kayak and explore the estuary. Paddle around the sandbanks and explore the hidden coves and rockpools.
- Have a Picnic – Pack a picnic and find a spot to enjoy it on Salcombe North Sands. Take in the views and enjoy the sunshine.
- Go Surfing – The beach is a great spot for surfing, especially when the tide is coming in. Hire a board and give it a go, or take a surfing lesson.
- Visit the Local Shops – There are plenty of shops in Salcombe, from souvenir shops to surf stores. Pick up something to remember your trip, or buy something to take home.
- Explore the Coast Path – Take a walk along the South West Coast Path and enjoy the stunning views. The path runs along the cliffs, with lots of places to stop and take in the views.
- Try the Local Seafood – Salcombe is renowned for its seafood. Try some of the delicious local fish and seafood dishes in one of the many restaurants.
- Go Horse Riding – Take a horse riding lesson along the beach or explore the surrounding countryside.
- Enjoy the Seafront – Take a stroll along Salcombe's seafront and enjoy the views. Stop off for a drink or a bite to eat in one of the seafront cafes.
- Visit the Local Museums – Salcombe has some fascinating museums, from a maritime museum and a lifeboat museum to an old jail and a maritime centre.
- Go Fishing – Try your luck fishing from the beach or take a boat out and fish in the estuary.
- Take a Trip to the Islands – From Salcombe you can take a boat trip to the nearby islands. Visit Burgh Island and explore the ruins, or take the ferry to Salcombe Island and explore the nature reserve.
There are many things to see and do near Salcombe North Sands Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!