If you're planning a visit to Exmouth, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Exmouth Beach – Exmouth beach is a great spot for families and beach lovers. With soft golden sands and plenty of space to enjoy, it's a great place to sunbathe and paddle in the warm waters of the English Riviera.
- Bicton Park Botanical Gardens – Bicton Park is a stunning 18th century park with gorgeous gardens and plenty of activities to enjoy. Take a stroll around the grounds, have a picnic, or take a boat ride on the lake.
- Jurassic Coast – A World Heritage Site, the Jurassic Coast is a stretch of coastline extending from Exmouth to Old Harry Rocks. Along the way, you can explore the magnificent cliffs, coves and bays, and spot a variety of wildlife and fossils.
- Exeter Cathedral – A stunning example of Gothic architecture, Exeter Cathedral is a must-see when visiting the area. The cathedral is home to a beautiful stained glass window and a number of monuments, and also offers regular guided tours.
- Subtropical Gardens – Located on the grounds of Bicton Park, the Subtropical Gardens are a must-visit for garden lovers. Take a stroll around the stunning gardens, and admire the exotic plants and trees.
- Donkey Sanctuary – A haven for rescued donkeys, the Donkey Sanctuary is the perfect place to spend the day with your family. Have a picnic in the gardens, take a tour of the stables, and of course, cuddle the donkeys!
- East Devon AONB – The East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is a stunning stretch of coast and countryside, full of trails and activities. Explore the charming villages and towns, and admire the spectacular views.
- Exeter Canal – The Exeter Canal is a popular spot for watersports, fishing and sightseeing. Take a boat ride along the canal and admire the stunning scenery, and stop off at the locks.
- Powderham Castle – Built in the 14th century, Powderham Castle is a beautiful castle full of history and tales. Take a tour of the castle, explore the gardens, and spot the resident deer.
- Haldon Forest Park – Haldon Forest Park is a great spot for outdoor activities. With miles of trails and plenty of wildlife to spot, it's a great place for a hike, a bike ride, or a picnic.
- Exeter Quayside – Exeter Quayside is a great spot for a stroll or a bite to eat. Enjoy the views of the river, spot wildlife, or take a boat ride on the Exe Estuary.
- Killerton House – Killerton House is a stunning 18th century house with gorgeous gardens and plenty of activities to enjoy. Explore the house, take a stroll around the grounds, and admire the stunning views.
- Exmouth Marina – Exmouth Marina is a great spot for a bite to eat and to take in the views of the river. Take a boat ride or wander around the shops and restaurants.
- Salcombe Estuary – The Salcombe Estuary is a stunning nature reserve full of wildlife and activities. Take a boat ride, explore the mudflats, and spot the birds.
- Dawlish Warren Nature Reserve – A stunning nature reserve, Dawlish Warren is the perfect spot for a picnic or a stroll. Explore the trails, spot the wildlife, and enjoy the stunning views.
There are many things to see and do near Exmouth. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!