If you're planning a visit to Westward Ho!, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Sightseeing & Beaches – Westward Ho! offers stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, a two-mile stretch of golden sand beach and a quaint village. Take a stroll along the beach and take in the stunning scenery of the North Devon coast.
- Clovelly – Clovelly is a picturesque fishing village located approximately 5 miles away from Westward Ho!. Take a stroll through the cobbled streets and explore the harbour, seafood restaurants and shops.
- Braunton Burrows – Located just south of Westward Ho!, Braunton Burrows is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, with a wide variety of wildlife, flora and fauna to explore.
- Exmoor National Park – Exmoor National Park is a vast area of heathland and woodland with plenty of activities to enjoy, including walking, cycling and horse riding.
- Appledore – Appledore is a small village located just a few miles from Westward Ho!. It has a vibrant art community, with galleries and workshops, as well as a selection of cafes and restaurants.
- Lundy Island – Located in the Bristol Channel, Lundy Island is a tranquil island surrounded by a diverse range of wildlife. Take a boat trip from nearby Bideford and discover this hidden gem.
- The Milky Way Adventure Park – The Milky Way Adventure Park is a family-friendly park with a range of activities and attractions, including a roller coaster, water slides and a climbing wall.
- Royal North Devon Golf Club – Royal North Devon Golf Club is the oldest golf course in England and offers stunning views across the North Devon coastline.
- The Big Sheep – The Big Sheep is an interactive farm park with a range of activities, including a sheep shearing demonstration, an indoor play area and a show arena.
- Valley of Rocks – Valley of Rocks is a stunning natural landscape located near Lynton. It is a great spot for walkers and photographers, with its dramatic cliffs and rocky outcrops.
- The Tarka Trail – The Tarka Trail is a 180-mile long-distance walk and cycleway, which follows the route of the Taw and Torridge rivers.
- Hartland Abbey and Gardens – Hartland Abbey is a former medieval abbey located in the village of Hartland. Explore the beautiful gardens and visit the tearooms for a spot of afternoon tea.
- Hartland Quay – Hartland Quay is a former fishing village and is a popular spot for walkers and photographers. Take a boat trip out to the nearby Shipwreck Island.
- Watermouth Castle – Watermouth Castle is a 19th century castle located near Ilfracombe. It is home to a range of attractions, including a zoo, a museum and a theme park.
- Clovelly Court Gardens – Clovelly Court Gardens is a walled garden with a range of exotic plants and flowers. Enjoy a peaceful stroll around the grounds and take in the views of the North Devon coast.
There are many things to see and do near Westward Ho!. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!