If you're planning a visit to Barnstaple Bay, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach House Art - Check out the Beach House Blog for guides on pressing seaweed and more!
- Beach Activities – Barnstaple Bay has plenty of activities on offer for beachgoers, including swimming, sunbathing, kayaking, fishing and exploring the many rockpools.
- Walking Trails – The South West Coast Path runs along the bay, providing access to some spectacular views and plenty of walking opportunities.
- Watersports – With the bay’s clear waters, there are plenty of watersports on offer, such as windsurfing, sailing, kite surfing and canoeing.
- Take a Stroll – There are plenty of lovely walking trails around the bay, allowing you to take in the scenic views.
- Bird Watching – The bay is a great spot for bird watching, with many different species of birds to observe.
- Hire a Bike – Rent a bike and explore the local area. There are plenty of trails and paths to choose from.
- Visit the Local Pub – Pop into one of the local pubs for a bite to eat and a few drinks.
- National Trust – Visit nearby National Trust sites, such as Arlington Court and Castle Drogo.
- Visit a Beach – Spend the day at one of the many beaches nearby, such as Woolacombe Beach.
- Go Shopping – Visit one of the local markets and browse the shops in Barnstaple.
- Visit a Local Farm – Check out one of the many local farms and enjoy some time in the countryside.
- Take a Boat Trip – Hire a boat and explore the bay with a guided tour.
- Go Fishing – Head out on a fishing trip and try your luck at catching the local fish.
- Play Golf – Play a round of golf at one of the many courses in the area.
There are many things to see and do near Barnstaple Bay. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!